As an Acklen Avenue Engagement Manager, you are the voice of our client and a leading facilitator of the relationship between our development teams and the product owner on the client side. Your challenge is to have a vision of what the client wishes to build and convey that vision to the development team. You explore business value with clients, understand users, prioritize features and clearly document and communicate the details. You have a strong understanding of the principles and benefits of Agile development and uphold a collaborative, Agile mindset in your work and your interactions with the team. You support clients to appreciate the advantages and maximize their results.
- Leads discovery sessions to uncover the client’s business goals, personas and needs.
- Makes innovative suggestions and uncovers needs and stories, even beyond those stated upfront by the client.
- Works with the client product owner and Acklen Avenue product owner to write user stories, scenarios and acceptance criteria, in order to prioritize for lowest risk, maximum short-term business value, and early learning results.
- Leads grooming / backlog refinement conversations with client and team and helps the team to develop empathy with the client to provide the most delightful solutions.
- Maintains and prioritizes the Release Backlog according to the client's needs.
- Interprets indicators of lead time, cycle time, velocity and throughput and adjusts forecasts in the Release Plan when needed.
- Presents the Release Plan to the client and explains changes from week to week.
- Uses a repertoire of facilitation techniques.
- Persuasively communicates the benefits of Acklen’s company culture and processes and finds ways to partner with clients.
- Seeks honest, specific client feedback to continuously improve the partnership.
- Fosters Acklen’s company culture and process with the development team to maintain standards of excellence and work-life balance.
- CSPO or PSPO certification is a plus
- Knowledge of agile and scrum/kanban/scrumban
- 2 - 4 years of experience as a client-facing project manager or product owner
- General business awareness of common company processes and pain points
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A relentless passion for great client experiences
- Empathic, flexible, collaborative mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a business or technical subject